Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Starbucks...Or Is It?...

So, I recently found an old gift card for Starbucks given to me back in the day. I figured since there is a "Starbucks" located in our office building, I can use it there and was mildly pleased as this would save me the $2.50 I would normally spend on coffee every morning. Low and Behold, I am made aware that I can not use my Starbucks gift card at the Starbucks because it really isn't a Starbucks. Never mind that EVERY sign in the damn place says it's a Starbucks it really isn't. Even though the cups and coffee say "Starbucks" on them, it really isn't a Starbucks.

What kind of BS is this? What next? Every McDonald's is not really going to be a McDonald's. Ronald isn't really Ronald, he's really Fred McDonald but we call him Ronald anyway? To make a long story short I ended up paying $2.50 for my coffee this morning...

1 comment:

Metro said...

I think your first problem is that you're buying your coffee at a place that charges $2.50 a cup.

Got any Tim Hortons out that way?

Heh--WV: araleche. Sounds like a drink made with coffee and whipped condensed milk.

Which'd probably cost $2.50 a cup :-)