Wednesday, January 14, 2009

300th Post!!!

Who knew I would have made it this far...

So...I'm watching American Idol last night and I can't help but feel sorry for that idiot Ryan Seacrest. But before I get to that let me just say this, I swore up and down that I wasn't going to watch this damn show this season. Every year we get the same dreck: bad singers, attention seekers and an oft blitzed Paula Abdul. So in their attempt to "revamp" the show they've added a 4th judge. Unfortunately, I don't know who the hell she is other than the fact that she wrote some Celine Dion song and some of the tracks on the Paris Hilton shit storm unleashed on society in 2005. So far, it's looking like a train wreck which makes me want to watch it all the more.

Back to Ryan, so I sit there eating my stuffed shells watching the endless parade of hopefuls, some in bikini's, some in tap shoes and some with talent all the while, they keep hyping up the blind kid who is going to audition at the end. I'm thinking this guy better be fucking Stevie Wonder the way they are tauting him, anyway, he finally gets his big chance.

I hold me breath waiting for him to sing. He picks a Billy Joel song (ehhh, I was hoping for Mariah or something of that nature but I digress...) and starts to sing. Of course, they over hyped him and he wasn't spectacular or anything but he was good and they give him the golden ticket and he walks out to his cheering family. Here comes the sad part, as Ryan is interviewing him, Ryan tries to give the guy a high five completely oblivious to the fact that the guy is BLIND, HELLO! So he's standing there like an idiot with his hand in the air. Ugh, I choke holding back the laughter and wonder why they haven't replaced him yet.

To make a long story short, I'll be watching the second part tonight as well...

3 comments:

Metro said...

Glad to see you back. My WV= "Robgo"--is Rob anything to do with AI?

I just can't find anything fun about reality TV. People acting dumber than normal people do to make only a little more money? No fun.

If I want to watch a train wreck I'll pop down to the tracks with a car or a stick of TNT.

Pugs said...

That actually sounds like a great idea for a reality show!

Anonymous said...

RYAN SEACREST IS ANNOYING. I'D RATHER LISTEN TO PARIS HILTON SING.