Wednesday, January 21, 2009

F*ck You Very Much!...

I recently bought a friend of mine a birthday present. Now, let me preface this with the fact that AT THE TIME of purchase, said friend was not acting like a complete douchebag. Okay, now that we got that tidbit on the table the rest of the story goes as follows....

So...I go out of my way to buy a friend a nice little gift for their birthday. It's actually something they already own, but what I bought was an upgrade to their existing item. Anyway, at the time I bought it the friend was on good terms with me and my other personalities. So I felt good about buying the gift. And of course I bought the wrapping paper and everything to make it nice and pretty and a card to go along with it. The friends' birthday is not for a another week so, of course, any Sherlock out there can deduce that I still have the gift in my possession.

Since the purchase of the gift and all that that entailed (the driving to the store, buying all the shit to make it look pretty and the actual time it took to construct said pretty packaging of gift), my friend has pushed my limits on what I find to be good taste and common courtesy. How, you may ask? To make a long story short, the fucker said I was fat not once, not twice but THREE GOD DAMN times! Actually they called me a "pig" once, a "cow" another time as well as "fat ass". Mind you, I am not fat, I am 6 feet tall and weigh @ 225lbs. I'm not Kate Moss but I could be her younger sister Kate Mess. Anyway, I digress...

Back to the present in question...Since my friend has so eloquently pointed out my fat to muscle ratio, I now feel stupid for buying the gift for someone who is rude and quite frankly, crass. So my question is this: Should I feel guilty about taking the gift back? Or should I just give it to them like I first intended to?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

See what I mean about directing your anger to more recently deserving people?

Keep the nice gift for someone more deserving (yourself) and regift some crappy item you received over Christmas. Or a nice Buttt/Face towel would also sent the appropriate message.

Anonymous said...

Damn! I should proofread before posting...ugh.

Slave to the dogs said...

Yeah, passive aggression is always the way to go. Don't tell this friend their comments bother you or anything...

Anonymous said...

I'D RETURN THE GIFT AND BUY SOMETHING LIKE A CAKE AND EAT IT IN FRONT OF THEM!

Metro said...

Do you still consider this person a friend? That'd be my first question. Then act appropriately. We give gifts to friends and people we're trying to get into bed with.

If said person fits neither category "a" nor "b" then no gift seems appropriate.

WV: lintsole

Metro said...

And yeah, I know I'm a month or two late on this, but my advice is just as invaluable as it was before.