Friday, August 1, 2008

Future Workman's Comp Claim?...

"Alleged thief stuck under trash bin for 12 hours "

Check out the photo that accompanies this article from Yahoo News. A classic!

It's a redneck day here at Tittybits I suppose, ha ha ha.

I love the quote at the end of this masterpiece, "It was right disgusting," he said. "I wouldn't be under there." I can only agree 100% with that statement. Can you imagine what kind of critters and yuck reside under those damn bins? There has got to be traces of shit, piss and vomit down there and I'm not talking about your favorite hooker's panties either! Makes me totally nauseous, so gross...

So the guy was under there at least 12 hours for about $10.00 worth of copper. That works out to roughly $.83 an hour. And with the severe "working conditions", it hardly seems like the job was worth the effort. Perhaps a career change to, oh, let's say, picking cans and bottles off the sides of the highway or from supermarket dumpsters would be in order. It certainly would be at least a lateral move if not a step up from face down garbage munching.

And what in the hell is that green shit on the bottoms of his shoes? The answer may be something that I really don't want to know but the mystery will surely keep my mind occupied for the next few minutes anyway.

Some more redneck jokes for your pleasure (come on, I know you like these):

Q: How do you know the toothbrush was invented by a redneck?
A: Because it would have been named a teethbrush if someone else had.

Q: What do you call a bunch of tractors parked in front of a McDonald's on Friday night in Iowa?
A: Prom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO HOW DO THEY GET THE COOPER? IS IT JUST LYING AROUND OR DO THEY HAVE TO TAKE STUFF APART TO GET IT OUT? SOUNDS LIKE A CRAPPY WAY TO MAKE A BUCK.

Pugs said...

@ Glenda: LOL!

@ Anon: I wondered that myself. Unfortunately I couldn't answer that as I actually have a real job and have never had to troll for copper in order to feed my crack addiction...

Metro said...

Don't knock it, pugs: Copper's good money nowadays. The number of electrocution deaths has seen an uptick as people break into transformer yards to steal cable core.

Our local scrapyards now require a photo and ID with every sale.

Last year someone crippled a Vancouver tourist tram that runs along the waterfront by snipping off the 6-inch lengths of 1-inch copper wire that linked the rails.

To do this they had to make a couple of hundred cuts on each side of the tracks.

Oh--and it's not usually crack addicts. Addicts aren't focused enough to pull a job that actually requires planning ... although our boy in the photo might be unusually driven.