Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Overexposed...

If I hear one more God damn thing about Micheal fucking Phelps I swear I am going to commit suicide by jumping in front of the first commuter train that comes into the local station!

Can the media give this guy any MORE coverage? Seriously? I mean it's not like there are other athletes there in Beijing or anything. It's not like I haven't heard every little factoid on his life. I want more! Please oh please!!!

I had to laugh at how every aspect of this guy's life is scrutinized, dissected and spun in ways to make it appear that he was on some collision course with destiny and how he is this great embodiment of the athletic ideal in the pool and out. How every American should aspire to be like Phelps. We should all bow to the alter of Michael and sacrifice our first born in his honor. YET, everyone of these diatribes and homages fail to mention his drunk driving arrest after the last Olympics. Typical of the American media...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I JUST READ SOMEWHERE THAT HE HAS A DUI. I DID NOT KNOW THAT. MAKES YOU WONDER WHAT ELSE THE MEDIA DOESN'T TELL YOU. NOT THAT I CARE BUT IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO KNOW.

Slave to the dogs said...

He bugs. Arrogant. Only person I've seen this Olympics that was more arrogant was Mark Spitz, even after all these years.

Anonymous said...

So did you hear about what he eats for breakfast every day? How about how many times he goes to the bathroom? How old he was when he quit wetting the bed? If the answer to any of these is "no" then I don't think he is overexposed.

Pugs said...

Actually Katmist, I read about what he eats before he goes to the bathroom in his bed twice a night.

His toes and teeth bug me-they are both crooked and crusty. You'd think with all that money he made the last time around he would have fixed taht shit already.

Mark Spitz was pretty lame Slave. He was all upset about not having been invited and mostly that they didn't pay for his trip over to see his record get broken. Maybe he can sell one of those medals for airfare?