Thursday, September 4, 2008

Really?...

So...I was walking into work yesterday and saw this pregnant chick outside smoking while rubbing her enormous belly. Really?

Obviously she has not read the God damn Surgeon General's warning on the pack which is PLAIN AS DAY. I almost expected her to have one tooth in her head and pull out a flask of her poison of choice right there in the smoker's paradise (the little enclosed area where you are allowed to smoke on site).

What was ridiculous is there were about 5 other people out there smoking as well and they were totally ignoring the fact that there was a preggo idiot huffing on a menthol. Literally the pink elephant in the room...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have used a fire extinguisher on her ass. What a moron. I bet her baby ends up retarded.

GMichael said...

Wow, does it surprise me? No...but even if you did that you shouldn't at an corporate workplace. Whatever hopes of maintaining a good work image is gone

Pugs said...

@ Surgeon: I don't think that they even have a fire extinguisher present in that area. Good idea though.

@ GMichael: I didn't know I had a good work image to begin with, LOL!

Anonymous said...

THIS DOES NOT SURPRISE ME. I SEE THIS ALL THE TIME.

Metro said...

Wow ... I'm amazed she can't be slapped for child endangerment.

Of course, millions of us were born to smoking mothers with little in the way of health effects, so while she's definitely raising the risk, it could be a whole lot worse.

For example, she could be smoking crack.

People make a lot of noise about "healthy pregnancy" but no-one really knows what that is.

Tale drinking--a friend of ours recently quit because she's trying to become pregnant (based on my high school experiences, I'd say she's doing that all kinds of wrong).

My grandmother was actually prescribed a Guiness a day during her pregnancy, for iron (green veggies were in short supply in Britain at the time. She drank one a day until she was 80 or so, at which point her health and eventually her mind started to go.

Pugs said...

Ha! So true. If I wanted to get pregnant, the first thing I would be doing is downing a few...