Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tom Is Going To Be Pissed...

"Scientologists charged with fraud in France"

Is this a surprise to anyone with half a brain?

For starters, if your being recruited for a "church" outside of a train station, or any other station for that matter (bus, train, gas, TV, hot dog...) then the zealots that are hounding you are probably crazy and full of shit. If said zealots are trying to sell you something then add shady to that list. God, or any other deity, doesn't want your money - he/she wants your soul. It's that simple.

These Scientologists are a scary species no doubt. It seems that they prey on the weak minded and after they have conquered your mind they go for your wallet. Any industry that makes you pay in order to "move up through the ranks" is either a scam (remember Amway?) or a higher learning institution. The only other place I have been financially raped and sodomized is college and the hell if I'm going to let a space alien do that to me as well!

What exactly is this religion about anyway. As far as I understand, you have to pay a certain amount of money to reach different plateaus of enlightenment within the organization and then you have to aggressively recruit other members in conjunction with the money you are shelling out so they can "donate" as well. The more money these people bring in under you, the higher you go. Sounds like a fucking pyramid scheme to me.

I watched the videos Toad Cruise made to entice other people to join and he seemed to be somewhat, okay who am I kidding, A LOT deluded and really creepy weird. Anyone who is prone to sudden fits of maniacal laughter followed by a dead stare into your eyes is not well. I'm just saying...Anyway I digress...The mere act of viewing these videos turned me off to the program. Besides the test to get in was way too long, so I gave up around question 25...

2 comments:

Metro said...

You bailed on the Way, the Truth, and the Life because the get-in test was too long?

I guess I can respect that.

But seriously, you should have waited until they hooked you up to the soup cans and then written them a rubber cheque signed "Xenu."

Scientology enables your paranoia. It basically tells you that of course you're persecuted, because you're special and different, and regular lowlifes can't be expected to understand what moves you. Plus you're screwed up because you're posessed by a 10K-years-dead alien.

Makes total sense, if you think about it ... It's also why movie stars swarm to Scientologism. I mean, obviously they're special--TV, their publicity agents, and People (the magazine, not actual "little"-type people) tell them so!

Pugs said...

I think it's another way to pander to their sense of entitlement. They get to have a "handler" and hundreds of people fawning over them, of course, they have to pay for it but...