Friday, October 10, 2008

My Have Times Changed...

"California Girl, 8, Found Hanged From Bunk Bed "

The only thing I find disturbing about this article is the fact that the girl had a cell phone and a computer and a door that she was able to lock.

HELLO! Where is the parental guidance here? I know that she lived with her grandmother but that shouldn't cloud the fact that she was totally WAY TOO young to be in possession of these devices. Who the hell was she text messaging anyway? I assume her internet use was not monitored either. This is really sad.

When I was eight we were playing Star Wars in the back yard with sticks as light sabers and old pillow cases as capes. We were not thinking of suicide...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, who the hell let's their kid have all that shit? When I was young I had to beg for a Nintendo! AND I never got the damn thing!

Anonymous said...

KIDS HAVE IT MADE THESE DAYS AND THEY ARE STILL UNHAPPY. OH GOD, I SOUND LIKE MY MOTHER...

Pugs said...

When I was 8, I only had 2 tin cups and a ball of string...