Friday, October 3, 2008

Odd Auctions...

"Odd Online Auctions What would you bid on these items?"

These are actually kind of funny. I can't believe what people would put up for auction on Ebay! Some of the items that I considered are:

"Ball of Paper" - current bid $24.50. I love the tag in the headline "Could it contain the secret of life?". I say possibly... if it was used as a cumrag and now just wadded up. Then again I don't think that you can ship biohazardous material through the mail. Now that I think of this, they need to investigate this so called "Ball of Paper". It could be some type of terroristic Pandora's Box...

"Empty Popcorn Bag" - current bid $1.00. I would be weary of this one. You never know where their hands have been. How am I supposed to lick the inside of the bag without that vital piece of information?

"7 Orginal Antique German Human Prosthetic Glass Eyes" - current bid $38.98. Notice the spelling is wrong in the headline. Now do they mean "original" or is "Orginal" a place in Germany? If so, I would never buy from Orginal, only Berlin glass eyes are acceptable. Maybe Buchanau, only because I know a girl named Heike Gruber from there...

"A Cap From A Pen" - current bid $24.50. What's interesting about this one is that there are actually 2 bids on it. I can totally see this bidding war going nuclear about 5 minutes before the end of the auction.

This gets my wheels turning. I think I have a dust bunny made from cat hair under my bed and of course there's always pug bombs courtesy of Pugsley and Wednesday that I could auction...

5 comments:

Metro said...

Mme and I met a bartender in Paris who was so pissed off with the ridiculous value given designer labels that he mocked up a Hugo Boss label on a roll of toilet paperand stuck the wad, as it were, on eBay.

He got eight Euros--about $16 at the time.

I'm still waiting for the creative sod who starts marketing "Britney Spears Used Tampons".

I think I threw up in my mouth a little, just then ...

Anonymous said...

Britney tampons? I thought she used socks?

Anonymous said...

OH! CAN I BUY THE BALL OF PAPER? OH PLEASE, OH PLEASE?!!!

Pugs said...

I'm actually wondering what the going rate for that tampon would be now. You would have to take into consideration as well the time "period" in which it was procured. Pre or Post 5150? Of course there would also be that pesky hazardous material shipping thing to contend with but I think, in the end, it would be quite worth it.

Metro said...

Ha! "Pre-5150"!
You an old Van Halen fan? That's the only reason I know what that stands for.