Friday, June 20, 2008

Does This Tat Make My Ass Look Big?...

"Too tattooed to work?"

Tattoos can be very off putting in some circumstances and hot in others...

I have mixed feelings on this one. Although I have a tattoo myself, I don't think that ALL tattoos are something that should be flaunted in the workplace. There has to be some form of professionalism when entering the job market, especially in an environment that I currently work in. We do have a business casual dress code but at the same time you shouldn't be coming to work looking like you just woke up and rolled out of bed or just came from the beach. Too inappropriate. Likewise, when you come to work I feel like I don't want to be looking at someones tattoo of a skull with a knife through it all day long. If I was out at a club, I wouldn't give a shit, at work- different story.

I also wouldn't like to be served at a restaurant by someone who had all kinds of piercings coming out of their face and tattoos up the wazoo while I'm trying to enjoy my overpriced steak and baked potato. It's not classy in an environment like food service. Just as I wouldn't want to be served by someone who had all kinds of black shit under their nails. Appearance baby...

Now, would I enjoy hanging out with a tattooed up leather daddy on a Friday night? What do you think? There is a time and place for everything...

PS. That ultraviolet tattoo sounds really cool. I had never heard of that one before...

No comments: