Wednesday, June 18, 2008

WAH! You Hurt My Feelings...

"How I nearly lost my business after refusing to hire a Muslim hair stylist who wouldn't show her hair"

Maybe she has no hair? Who knows?

I have one thing to say to this Muslim chick: "Fuck you idiot." If I had to pay out for every time I didn't hire someone because their feelings were hurt I would be totally unemployed right now. If you work in a hair salon, how the hell is anyone going to know if you are good with hair when they can't even see the stylist's do?

This reminds me of that stupid be-och here in the good old U.S of A. who tried to sue the state because she wanted to have her driver's license picture taken with her fucking burka on. Someone should have taken her out in the streets and beat her ass for wasting tax payer money.

On the other hand, This lady is being totally over dramatic in that she is claiming her business is ruined. It's 7 grand. If your hair salon was any good you'd be making that in a week. Besides all the free publicity she is getting is worth it's weight in gold. And besides, every time someone sees this mad bitch coming in for an interview, they will most likely run for the hills or tell her the position has been filled..

2 comments:

Metro said...

It seems to me that there's something here we're not hearing.

The complainant admits she's interviewed for 25 jobs without getting them before. What made this one different, and so different that the salon owner can actually be found guilty?

I don't see what the remark was that hurt the applicant's feelings. It doesn't seem to have been quoted.

The article does say that "She was not able to prove her contention that employing someone with a headscarf would have the negative impact on her business's stylistic integrity that she feared."

I wonder how many other applicants she screened, and who she hired in the end?

I have a devout Muslim friend who coloured her hair purple but wears the niqab. Seems to me like an ideal candidate for a job like this.

Metro said...

I did notice, though, that the law seems to say that the burden of proof as to innocence of intent seems to be on the accused. If that's true, then it's just $#!7ty law.