Monday, June 30, 2008

Tennis Bitches...

"Tennis Champ Justin Gimelstob Says He Wants to Make Anna Kournikova Cry"

It wasn't that bad, come on...

I laughed so hard when I read this. I think that the press is making this into a dramatic affair rather than what it was, a joke. If you knew who Gimelstob was before the diatribe heard 'round the world, then you would realize that he was probably making fun of her in a light-hearted manner. Besides, she is a bitch and never really amounted to anything on the tennis court. She never won a title and actually, I don't think she was really into the whole work ethic thing. She partied way more than she played.

The media has now replaced her with that ugly snatch Maria Sharpova and this is one person I don't get. She doesn't look particularly stunning and in fact she looks quite average, but they play her up as this Playboy centerfold. She has zero personality and most of the women on tour can't stand her because of her attitude and diva demands.

I read that a concierge at the Plaza in NYC was fired for addressing her personally when carrying her bags. Apparently, we mere mortals are not to address her or look at her unless specifically asked to by her majesty. I also watched a match between her and Tatiana Golovin on ESPN one night and she was getting her ass kicked until Golovin rolled her ankle. Scare-a-pova then acted like a douchebag and didn't even have the courtesy to go to the net and ask if she was okay. I think she actually asked for a time delay violation be given for the injury at one point. The announcers were really taken aback and Mary Carillo (one of the most famous female sportscasters, and former tennis pro herself) called Sharapova "cold". She eventually turned her back to the girl as she lay there crying. I totally thought she was a piece of crap after I saw that.

I also read an interview during this years Franch open with Mary Pierce and they asked her who was the one women she disliked on tour and she said right off the bat, "Sharapova". LOL...

No comments: