Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Gag Reflex Still Works...

Why is it that people still refuse to take a fucking bath before they venture out into the workplace? I'm not talking about the occasional time or if you had taken a shower the night before. No, I'm talking about these stink bombs who are literally on strike from the shampoo bottle and pollute the delicate air that I breathe.

I say this, as I was hit by a cloud of funk while venturing into A Bunch of Pain (Au Bon Pain for those not ITK). My morning ritual consists of logging into my computer, setting up my Ipod for a day of (hopefully) uninterrupted podcast listening and going down to A Bunch of Pain for a bagel, coffee and a large cup of ice for my daily water intake. It seems as though a totally nasty interloper has invaded the area as of late and insists on camping out at a table near the door. Normally, I wouldn't pay much attention to this but if it weren't for the fact that you are immediately accosted by this stench of what seems to be a combination of B.O., grease from unwashed hair and probably bad personal hygiene after waste evacuation.

The guy is obviously in the computer tech field as he has a pocket protector (yes they still make those) and just gives that nerd vibe off hardcore. My question is simply this: Why the fuck have they not pulled this guy aside and coached him on the proper usage of soap and water? I would totally be unable to sit in the vicinity of this person and actually be expected to work. The weather has turned warm and I can only imagine the fog of vapors that surrounds his work station. It's almost like Pigpen from the Peanuts Gang and his dust cloud. IT IS THAT BAD, seriously.

If there is one piece of advise that I can give to you it's simply this: Wash your ass and your clothes regularly...

4 comments:

Slave to the dogs said...

I'd give you some sympathy if you didn't spend your workday listening to podcasts. :)

I like Au Bon Pain, we don't have them here.

Pugs said...

Gotta have something to get me through the day...

Anonymous said...

There's a new employee in my company who is very large -- we're talking over 400 lbs. He has a hygiene problem that makes his coworkers gag. I'm grateful I work on a different floor. You can smell when he's been in the stairwell up to 30 minutes later. I know it's hard for extremely obese people to wash themselves, but it literally makes their coworkers throw up.

Pugs said...

I'm surprised that he is using the stairwell. Usually they take the elevator even though it's only one fucking floor up or down...