Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Who Ordered the Fa King Dum Fuk?...

"Sharon Stone films banned in China after 'karma' comment"

Karma

Damn. Those Chinese people are bitches. God forbid you say anything disparaging against the government there or else they'll fuck you up (because that's what they do in any civilized and democratic society, right?).

This got me thinking about how this will impact the film society of China. Just think of the countless millions who will never see such gems as "The Quick and the Dead", "Sliver", Basic Instinct 2" and of course, my favorite, "Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol". I guess they'll just have to settle for something a little less highbrow and thought provoking in the future...

I'm wondering how the Olympics are going to play out this summer. I totally see a food poisoning scandal affecting every team except the Chinese contingent...

4 comments:

Slave to the dogs said...

Gotta admit, that was damn obnoxious of Ms. Beaver. And a typical response from a country who filters their Google search results.

Pugs said...

I like how she is back peddling now.

Metro said...

"Just think of the countless millions who will never see such gems as ..."

Yeah. 'Cos as I understand it they have no way to copy dvds in China :-)

Pugs said...

LOL! I seem to have forgotten that little bit of Chinese ingenuity...