Friday, July 11, 2008

Blackhole Or Void-Of-All-Color-Hole?...

"Texas County Official Sees Race in Term 'Black Hole'"

Give me a break!

Seriously, I am getting so sick of people crying racism every time they have a chance to. Then when there actually IS a legitimate case of racism that happens, no one actually cares about it or has some doubt to it's authenticity.

I'm mixed myself and do I get all up in arms when someone makes a comment about drunk Indians or Wetbacks? Not really. Do I care? Not really. I have more important things to worry about like bills, food, entertainment and of course my fat little pugs.

Take the high road people and get over it. If you make issues out of nothing, not only does your point get buried in the drama, people are not going to care about your point as a result. In fact, the next time you have an important point to make, you are not going to be heard.

Back to the article...Do I think that the guy was being racist when he said "blackhole"? Absolutely not. Do I think that the people who took offense to this were being racist, ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY! They intentionally used the racism card to scare the guy from the topic and shift it to another area that was completely off topic. They were using the perception of being "thought of as a racist" to scare someone into complying with their side of the issue. This is actually a great tool to use in debate, so the accusers are somewhat savvy to this I suspect.

All in all, I wish people would just get over it and get their own lives straight...

2 comments:

Metro said...

He's got to get it straight. I mean, he claims the names "Angel Food Cake" and "Devil's Food Cake" are racist as well.

But angel's food cake is sort of yellow, and while devil's food cake is dark brown, it is certainly not as black as a black hole.

The author of that article is an idiot, anyway. A black hole and a singularity are different astronomical concepts. Which Hawking probably knows.

Anyway, I think you've got it right--it's political razzle-dazzle to get peoples' attention off the real issue.

Pugs said...

You know I was thinking the same thing as I was reading this the first time.

I think Angel food cake would better marginalize the Asian community and not the White folk and the Devil's food cake, maybe the Dominicans or some very tanned Native American's. So, in essence, I become a racist everytime I molest that cake bin at the local bakery...