Friday, July 18, 2008

More Political Fodder...


"Bill Clinton Ready to Campaign for Obama ‘Whenever’"

God, I love Bill Clinton. He totally rules...

I was watching this yesterday as I was on the elliptical trainer and you could totally see he wasn't really into the Obama thing. I don't blame him as I agree with what their (Hilly and Billy's) campaigning was all about from the get go. He's (Obama) too inexperienced and too arrogant. He's been in national politics for what, about 2 years? Give me a fucking break. That's like hiring a very recent college graduate to run your billion dollar company right off the bat. The only change I see coming from him in office is a total meltdown and I am very scared of what that is going to be like. I wouldn't mind if he ran like in 8 years but now, HELL NO.

After seeing most of these polls shifting towards McCain, my fears are subsiding a bit and I have to get on the ball with reregistering in the new place I just moved to so I can vote for McCain this November. I may be a Democrat but I'm not a sheep...

I actually agree with Clinton's remark:

"If all of us lived on live mics, then 100 percent of us in this room would be embarrassed from time to time..."

Can you imagine the shit that comes out of other people's mouths when they think they are not being heard? I can't believe some of the things I say, let alone what other's may be barking out at times.

6 comments:

Metro said...

You'll vote for McCain just because Obama's "inexperienced"?

What do you imagine is going to happen if he's elected, in this "total meltdown"? The stock market will dip? Credit will crunch? The US might get stuck in two wars in the Middle East and aim for a third at the same time?

I love Bill Clinton, but his wife would be called a centrist republican in any political era but the current one. And she quite simply lost, to someone who offered a better chance of getting clear of the current crop. I'm not saying she'd have made a bad president, and I'm sure you've noticed I'm no Bushie, but her experience as First Lady confers no more authority to run the country than being a private gives one authority to run an army.

As for inexperience being relevant--George Dubya Bush had nothing but failure behind him when he lined up the presidency first time around, and the second.

McCain's experience (none of which has anything to do with running the country) is taking a back seat to his age. He's hit the point at which he should have been handed a gold watch and a meaningful goodbye. He's old, and he's tired, and it shows.

I used to rather like him, but in his struggle to drum up support he's drifted into the Bush camp, and that's a bad thing.

If experience is all you're really worried about, I feel you should reconsider. If nothing else, the lad knows the law, which is more than some Bushes do, right?

Pugs said...

Of course I won't vote Obama for that reason ONLY but it is a reason that is PART of my decision none the less.

I won't vote for him because I don't trust him, I don't know him, I don't care for his politics and I think his rhetoric is bullshit quite honestly. Weren't parts of past speeches he made from other sources? Other very famous sources? Sources he didn't cite?

You exactly proved my point. W proved to be inexperienced and was elected anyway. Look what happened?

My turn, I think the age slam on McCain is a cheap route to go and very overused. Just because he is old (I will grant you that) doesn't mean he is not a viable and competent candidate. My first choice, of course would be Clinton, second would have been Romney and then McCain.

I actually think we should do away with these stupid ass parties in the political world.

Metro said...

It's one reason I favour our system--we don't vote for the Prime Minister, we vote in the party. The winning party's leader gets to be PM.

Notwithstanding which, our current PM has proven so cold and aloof, so secretive and unable to relate to actual human beings, that his personality is a genuine hindrance to his party's chances in the next election. That party's policies are another one.

Seems to me that if you want to choose a presidential cnadidate to vote for (or against) it's just a matter of hitting the news sources you trust on the net.

But do you really know anything more about McCain than about Obama?

Anonymous said...

HEATED DEBATE YOU TWO ARE HAVING. I DON'T LIKE EITHER OF THEM PERSONALLY. I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT EITHER PERSON. IT'S LIKE THEY JUST APPEARED FROM OUT OF NOWHERE. WELL OBAMA ANYWAY, I REMEMBER MCCAIN FROM LAST TIME AROUND.

Metro said...

"HEATED"?

I don't feel particularly warm. You, pugs?

"I DON'T LIKE EITHER OF THEM PERSONALLY. I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT EITHER PERSON."

Glad to hear you're a person who makes solid, evidence-based judgements.

It gives me real hope for the future of democracy when I encounter a politically astute and aware individual such as yourself.

[/snark]

They've been all over the news for roughly eight months now. Surely you've formed some impression of who they are?

Pugs said...

@ ANON: I can see your point on Obama but how can you not know much about McCain? He's been around forever, literally (bad joke). Do you watch much news or are you a reality television kinda person?

@ METRO: Yes, I am heated! Damn it and I'm not going to take it anymore!!!! LOL!