Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rectal Probes On The Horizon...

"Fliers Complain About X-Rated Security Screenings: TSA Agents Forced Woman To Remove Nipple Rings, Pulled Pants Off Disabled Man"

This is totally what it's come to.

I can actually see both sides of the coin on this one but there is a key statement in this whole article:

"But experts have said it's important to use common sense when balancing security and customer service."

I recently flew to Florida on vacation and can appreciate the heightened security measures as they are in place to protect everyone on that plane as well as the people on the ground. But there was also some security people who acted like they were the fucking Gestapo. Was very disturbing.

As for making someone take out their nipple rings, that's just plain stupid. I hope that women sues the shit out of the airline and that specific idiot who made her use pliers to take them off.

And the guard who pulled down the old man's pants...If that was me I would have bitch slapped the asshole. Jail or no jail, you don't do that shit right out in the open. Take the guy to a room and then have him pull his pants down.

Where is the common sense in all of this?

4 comments:

Metro said...

I recall hearing a security expert, sometime around 1998 say that if the US was serious about domestic airline security they needed to update domestic security to the level of international.

Instead we get this. And the Department of Fatherland Insani--sorry, I mean "Homeland Security".

Pugs said...

It's unfortuante but I am actually looking forward to the rated x-ray machines. I'd like to hang out around them for a wee bit, lol.

Anonymous said...

I WILL JOIN YOU THERE AT THE X-RAY PUGS! MAYBE SOME HOTNESS WILL WALK THROUGH!

Pugs said...

Sorry, that's a one person job! or at least I have first dibs...