Monday, July 28, 2008

The Dark Knight...A Lackluster Review...

So, last night I finally went to see what all the hype was about and purchased tickets for The Dark Knight.

I was actually excited and had to get tickets for a later showing as all the rest had been sold out. So I get the tickets in my hot little hand and go to T.G.I.Friday's before the show and have a few beers and this Jack Daniels hamburger that actually turned out to be very delish.

After eating, we head out to Wal-Mart and buy our candy there as it's $.88 for a huge box of Juijyfruits, M&M's and Milk Duds as opposed to $5.00 fucking dollars each at the theater for half the amount. We arrive about 20 minutes early for the show and already there is a huge line to get into our particular show. One minute before scheduled showtime, they finally let us in. We get a good seat.

One thing I did notice was that the previews for the coming attractions all sucked except this one with Ben Stiller and Robert Downey, Jr. which kinda looked funny. Anyway, I digress...So the movie starts and it immediately gets going with the action. I wasn't fully aware of the length of the movie but it seemed to keep my attention for the most part.

All in all, I didn't see what all the hype was about. It was good but not as great as everyone seems to be touting. Heath Ledger wasn't that good and I couldn't see why he said the character made him crazy because it was a more comical one than scary. Oscar worthy? Ehhhh, I've seen better. One thing that started to get on my nerves was the way Batman was talking. He sounded like he was trying to push out a jammed turd most of the time. At one point I didn't even understand what the hell he had said.

Other than that it was fine...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ACTUALLY LIKED THIS MOVIE AND I DON'T USUALLY LIKE COMIC BOOK STUFF. I THOUGHT HEATH LEDGER WAS REALLY FUNNY ESPECIALLY IN THAT NURSE OUTFIT!

Pugs said...

@ Anon - I did say that I liked it but I just didn't see what all the hype was about.